Unifractal expanded guide
Welcome to Unifractal. Get started with creating your space and getting your customers and users to your content as fast as possible with this guide!
When you open the app for the first time, register by using your e-mail address or by signing in with Google or Apple.
We will create your very own space for you where you can do whatever you want! To personalize your space you can edit the name and description as well as adding your own banner image by clicking the settings icon in the top right corner.
Let's start by explaining some of the features and content types before we begin populating your space.
- The basic component in our system is an Item. This is an object that the system will recognize, and that you can add information about in the form of content.
Items can live in your space or be shared across spaces.
- In folders or items you can add content like videos, documents, links, pictures, and text boxes. You can also add another folder or item inside if you want more levels of organization.
Next up is populating your space with content. We recommend starting by creating a content plan first, then creating the folder structure of your content. We'll look at two different examples here.
Example 1: Furniture manufacturer
- Identify your needs: Start by creating a list of all your products and the information your customers need. This could for example be instructions on assembly, maintenance and use.
- Get an overview: Add a folder for each of your main product categories. You can also add subcategories using folders if you wish. By using folders as layers you can create a structure in your space. Add Items for you products, and make them scannable. More about scanning later.
- Create your content: Now that your structure is in place, let's add some content! You can easily film all the videos with your phone directly from the app! Or you can record videos with your camera and upload it afterwards. You might want to add pdf documentation and links as well.
- Share your space! You did it! Now let's share your space with others! You can invite users with their email, have them scan the QR-code or share an invite link directly from our app. If you want more automation in your workflow, you can contact sales to get free access to integrate with our API!
Example 2: Airbnb host
- Identify your needs: Start by creating a list of the different categories of information your customers need. This could for example be “house rules”, “kitchen”, “bathroom”, “heating” and “attractions in the area”.
- Rough out a content plan: Create a list of what videos you need to populate those categories. For example “using the washing machine”, “cleaning the coffee machine” etc.
- Get an overview: Create your main categories of content first by using folders. You can also add subcategories using folders if you wish. Be mindful that if you want some of your items to be recognizable by your tenants you will have to add it as an “Item”. This could be useful if you want to add all the appliances in your kitchen for example. More about this later in the article.
- Create your content: After you have created your structure you begin with creating your content. Here you can film all the videos easily with your phone, and then afterwards upload directly to our app. You can also add text boxes, pictures or relevant links and documents.
- Share your space! You did it! Now let's share your space with others! You can invite users with their email, have them scan the QR-code or share an invite link directly from our app.
Make your space interactive with scannable items!
Adding an Item is done the same way as adding a folder with one important distinction, Items are scannable! For easy searchability you can make Items scannable with your phone camera! Scan the item by clicking “Add dataset”.
The process is automated, and the only thing you need to do is take a series of photos of the item from all sides. Make sure you get photos of the object from different angles.
When you've finished this step, your item will be ready within 5-10 minutes to scan! Please note that for camera scans to work, we need at least two scannable items to be added to your space.
Ready to do this for real?
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us! email@example.com